Mason Jar Project

I was offered a new position at my current job and of course I took it because change is always good. I must say that I love it very much, its been more then a month now and I knew I needed to update my desk area with color, life and organization. So I took the time to check out Pinterest and other websites to get my ideas flowing. Of course I already had something in mind but I needed the right things to make my thoughts come to life. As I noticed I was constantly looking at items that were Polk dots and gold. For some reason I love, LOVE the gold look in general. When it comes to jewelry I prefer gold over silver any day.

The more and more I looked through Pinterest, I noticed that most of the items I liked were purchased at certain stores or ordered online. Of course I was trying to work with a budget and not go too crazy with the items I wanted. I wanted colors that would relate to the company's colors but would also look some what classy. After finally deciding what theme I wanted to do and what products, I made a list of things to buy. After checking my list twice I came to realize that everything I wanted estimated to about $100. Yes, I know, too much. So that is when I turn to the "Do It Yourself" ideas and thought why waste all this money when I know I'm a creative person and I could add a little twist to give it my touch.

I wanted to have a Mason Jars theme so that is what I aimed for. I was originally going to purchase the package of 12 at Wal-Mart for $8.99 but thought of a better idea. I decided to go thrift shopping instead and found 4 Mason jars for 99 cents each and I also had a discount card that brought it down to 90 cents each. I will say that I was looking for the jars that didn't have handles but only found one so I made it work with the other three. Also during my visit at the Goodwin I found a cute glass bowl that I am now using as a candy bowl that only cost $2.90.

Next on my list was wrapping paper and I needed four different designs of similar color. After going to multiple stores I finally found a great variety of wrapping paper at Hobby Lobby. So many cute designs and colors but I wasn't so pleased with paying $4.99 for each roll when I knew I only needed a small amount. The idea was to wrap the wrapping paper outside of the mason jar but then I decided that I would wrap it inside instead. Like I said before, my own touch. So instead of purchasing wrapping paper I substituted scrapbook paper instead, which I was very pleased with the variety. Each sheet of paper was 59 cents but since it was on sale I purchased four sheets for about $1.35 or less, I don't recall the exact amount but I do recall giving the cashier that amount and she still gave me change in return. While I was at Hobby Lobby I also checked out the flower section because I wanted three white pearl roses, which they did have but I wasn't pleased with the way it looked so I decided to shop around before purchasing. Since Dollar tree was next store I went to go browse and see what options that had in the flower section. I wasn't surprised with what I found but it was worth looking because I found black and tan ribbon that were only a dollar! Talk about a win win but turns out that Hobby Lobby also offered some ribbons for a dollar plus the 40 percent off. Anyways I was finally set to start my Mason jar project and very excited too! This only took about 15 to 20 minute and I was very satisfy with the ending results.



Now to finish up my project I still lacked flowers, pens, basket, and a place to hold mail, mail holder.... I guess. I was able to find this creative, unique and printable calendar online that I absolutely loved once I saw it and the BEST thing was that it was FREE!! Of course I didn't want to hang it bare because I felt that it wouldn't have that classy look I wanted so I decide to shop for a clipboard. I didn't like any of the plan clipboards and I wanted something in black just because the calendar was already white. I decided to browse the picture frame aisle at Wal-Mart and found the most cutest clip picture frame! It was black and a had a gold clip and it must have been the clip because I purchased it for about $6 including taxes. While I was there I checked out the flower section and found some very cute flowers but of course they weren't the color I wanted so I bought a bouquet for $5 that had the colors that I needed. Since I was already at Wal-Mart I wanted to check out the Accent warmers and I found one that I liked and of course purchased four different types of wax. This estimated to be about $15 to $20 which I thought was a great price compare to other warmers.

As for my basket and mail holder I found it at Ross, both were on sale and were both the same type of design. I purchased both items for less then $10, you can't beat that!! As for my pens I just purchased two packs of pens of a five count at Office Deport that were on sale for only a dollar each. The pens
of course are not anything fancy but it was on sale and I love the way they write as well. Lastly I purchased candy to fill up my own personal candy jar and the candy bowl for visitors. I purchased a bag of Lifesaver mints and a bag of Starburst and that concluded my shopping. All of that estimated to be almost $55, not bad especially since I was looking at more then $100.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just for a mango smoothie. . .

That Trip to the Funeral Home. . .

With yours truly, noche de tropical