.......Birthday

Today is my birthday and I must say there has been better days than today. When I think of a birthday I think of cake, candles and the various voices that sing happy birthday to you. Not today, today I was surrounded by family who I hadn't seen in years or could even say that I met for the first time. You might ask what would bring us all together that wasn't a celebration, if you haven't thought of it...its the death of a loved one.

My Tio Tony passed away on Sunday after a tragic accident. I still can't seem to believe it but tomorrow it will probably hit me at his funeral. Earlier today my sisters and I went to the viewing where I approached my Tia and prima to expressed my condolences, even than I didn't believe it. I went and had a seat where I watched the slideshow of  the moments that were captured in the life of Tio Tony. All I could do was smile and think of how great of a person he was. He was always so happy with a huge smile on his face. I can honestly say I had never seen or remember a moment when my Tio Tony was upset. After watching the slideshow I sat there and looked at the casket where my Tio laid. I sat there in denial thinking about all the excuses that would make me believe that he wasn't dead. I even decided to wait and approach the body after the rosary so I could come to accept that he is no longer with us. Well physically because his memory will forever be with us....

Sometimes we take life for grant it and little do we realize it could change in a blink of an eye. We should enjoy every moment. Moments such as those that we don't know we will have again. Every day is a blessing because how do you know that God will allow you another day? Enjoy life and don't leave on bad terms, fix and go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Trip to the Funeral Home. . .

Just for a mango smoothie. . .

With yours truly, noche de tropical