First timer at Del Taco...

Today I decided to try Del Taco for the first time. Let me say there is always a first time for everything, well they say.


Well back about a year ago I met a guy that was super excited that a Del Taco had opened down the street from the university. I remember that we were in class and it was about the time for lunch so of course that was the subject at that moment. It always seems that people always ask for my opinion to a place that serves "Mexican" food but little do they understand there is a difference. When you ask me for a recommendation about where to get some bomb dot com tacos, I will say a place that is authentic, like no doubt. I'd invite you to my mami's cocina but she doesn't live here so that's not an option. The guy argued that Del Taco had the BEST 'Mexican' Tacos he's had. I than later said, that you my friend have NEVER had a real taco if you consider those real "Mexican" tacos.

Well I go into this Del Taco place to see what it's all about, I look at the menu and find myself comparing it to Taco Bueno with a little of Taco Mayo. I decide to order the soft turkey tacos to at least make myself feel  better of the healthy part. Which I was not a HUGE fan of. I felt that seasoning was missing so I decided to add some type of sauce that they have. They have three different types of sauces; Mild (originial) , Del Scorcho (medium) and Del Inferno (hot). This sauces only reminded me of the ones that they have at Taco Bell. I didn't really care for the sauces but I went ahead and put some on for the flavor.

I think that even if I had tried something else I still wouldn't be a fan. I'm use to the real 'hood' tacos like from the taco trucks, not the Taco Truck but just the taco trucks in general. I will say that I do hit up Taco Bell every once in awhile but it's not for tacos. I love papas and for some reason the potatoes at Taco Bell make me feel some type of way!!! But other than that I really don't like getting the tex-Mex tacos... When I think of tacos I think of tacos de care asada with cilantro, cebolla, salsa verde y limon!!! Ooooweee!! Ay Dios Mio...now that's a taco. I don't have anything against anyone who loves Del Taco but it's just NOT for ME.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just for a mango smoothie. . .

That Trip to the Funeral Home. . .

With yours truly, noche de tropical